We are a forging company with a 103-year tradition.
1. 4. 1920
Founded by ZALABEK A SPOL. The first forgings and horseshoe calks.
Change of owner. New company name - KOTVA Polak Hopp KG. Manufacturing program - horseshoes, calks and clips. Since 1926, production expanded by forgings for agricultural im implements and axles.
Company´s expansion. Import of drop hammers, power hammers and eccentric presses from Austria - start of die forging in Jihlava. New manufacturing program - die forgings from steel for farming and sewing machines, spanners and tongs.
1939 - 1945
World War II. Armaments industry. Manufacture of parts for munitions, military vehicles and air force.
Nationalization of the company, incorporation into ZBROJOVKA Brno. Manufacturing program - die forgings for vehicles, tractors and motorcycles.
New company name - MORAVSKÉ KOVÁRNY. The company became independent under this new name. Modernization of buildings and equipment.
Company name and independence withdrawn. Incorporation into ZBROJOVKA Vsetín.
Building up a new plant in Hruškové Dvory on the periphery of the town of Jihlava. A new plant is built as a commercial forge with an in-house tooling department and fitted with new equipment (crank and screw presses, hammers).
New name - KOVOLIT. Incorporation into Kovolit Modřice as a subsidiary.
1. 1. 1989
Recapture of partial independence due to separation from Kovolit Modřice. Use of the former name - MORAVSKÉ KOVÁRNY.
1. 7. 1990
Initiation of the privatization process after the opening of the boarder. Transformation into a joint-stock company.
1992 - today
Continuous acquisition of shares by the Austrian family company PENN GmbH within the privatization process and the process of transfer of ownership pursuant to § 365 of Act No. 90/2012 Coll. - Commercial Corporations Act - today PENN GmbH owns 100% of the shares.